1)APPLICATION OF CONDITIONS All quotation, estimates & contracts are subject to this and the following conditions, orders are accepted only upon and subject to these conditions, any qualification or variation of these conditions in the customer’s order or acceptance shall be inapplicable unless accepted by the company in writing. No customer’s conditions will override our condition. Statuary rights are not affected.
2) SAFE CUSTODY The customer accepts liability for the safe custody of materials delivered to site and equipment where appropriate
3) DELAYS The company will not be responsible for delays outside its control, every effort will be made to complete works within a set schedule.
4) WORKMANSHIP In carry out the works the company shall use all reasonable skill, workmanship, care, diligence, & suitable materials. The customer acknowledges that a reasonable degree of disruption & decor damage may arise out of the execution of the works and the company will take all reasonable, precaution to minimise disruption and damage. If we agree to make good any damage caused in the course of our works to plaster, floors or brickwork etc. we will do so to a standard which will accept redecoration. Where damage is deemed to be caused by negligence of the company’s operative, we will make good or offer compensation, or pass details to our insurers. Cuts or holes made to allow for equipment will where possible be made good. Floor boards removed will be refitted where possible.
The site shall be left in a safe and clean condition to the satisfaction of the customer.
5) MATERAIL All materials supplied by the company remain its property until paid for in full and until then may be removed from site by the company or its agents at any time, whether fixed or not and it is an express condition that we as the company will not be liable for any subsequent damage arising from the removal of fixed materials not paid for in full, Note the site will be left in a safe condition.
5a) WASTE The only waste that we are licensed to removed is from any equipment/materials that we have supplied/delivered to site, all other waste (i.e. redundant cable from rewire) other arrangements need to be made for disposal at your cost.
6) OUT OF HOURS WORK TIMES The company’s standard labour rates apply during the working hours 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday inclusive, excluding bank holidays, premium rates may be applied at the company’s discretion outside these hours.
7) PAYMENTS Unless otherwise agreed, remittance is due on due date of invoice. Should the account not be paid in full on due date the company reserve the right to suspend further works without liability until paid in full.
7a) DEPOSITS & CANCELLATION A deposit of up to 20% of the value of quotation may be requested within 7days of confirmation of order, we will permit you to cancel this contract by sending written notice ...no later than14 days after the date on which this contract has been signed, and before any works commence. If you request cancellation at a later date, then unless we are in breach of contract, we have the right to refuse or retain all or part of any deposit paid as a contribution towards any losses or costs we suffer as a result of the cancellation
8) CHARGES FOR LATE PAYMENT The company reserve the right charge interest (8% above the current LloydsTSB bank rate) and administration charges, from invoice due date for any late payments, should the company have to employ others services to recover payment, the customer will be liable for all additional costs/fees, plus interest.
9) VARIATIONS Any variation/additional works from the original quotation/estimate will be charged extra over the original quotation.
9a) This estimate may be subject to electrical tests on existing installation being done to confirm that earthing arrangements are acceptable, existing installation/circuits are of a satisfactory standard (i.e. correctly sized cable, earth continuity ok, cable insulation is within set parameters etc.) so as to comply with the current BS7671 electrical wiring regulation
Any additional work required to bring the installation up to standard may incur additional charges (any additional chargeable costs will be discussed prior to works being carried out)
10) GUARANTEES The company confirms that adequate liability insurance is in place to cover the works agreed, and agrees to promptly make good any defects or faults which appear within twelve months of date of completion of work. Nothing in these conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty goods & services provided by the company. For further information on your statutory rights contact your local trading standards or citizen’s advice bureau.
11) DISPUTES if you feel that we have not rectified any disputes to your satisfaction please use this link for further advice http://www.trustmark.org.uk/media/22247/trustmark-... Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is also available now. Hopefully you will not have the need to use these.